Gran Melia Cancun March 2009
Gran Melia, Cancun 3/09
I had a group of 140 pax March 4-9, 2009. The hotel’s physical plan is lovely. Recently renovated, beautiful marble bathrooms with very funky faucets. Nice bath products, very comfortable beds, great beach and room appointments. Nice lobby furnishings and good location in the hotel zone. For an FIT reservation, I would sort of recommend this property but know the staff is not as warm as a traditional Mexican staff. The old Mexican ways are present thus they appear to be a bit lazy. The hotel is high priced for the service you get. Overall, I give it 7 out of 10 for FIT reservations.
FOR A GROUP. I would stay away from the hotel. The service for groups at the front desk, pool and restaurants was very slow. The accounting for the all-inclusive plan was very confusing and often wrong. The group said the food was poor (I did not feel this way) and the restaurants were geared towards FITs and not all-inclusive groups. I give this hotel 4 out of 10 for groups.
Lucy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home