Friday, January 16, 2009

Ruby Princess -Rochelle

Ruby Princess
Nov29-Dec06
Western Caribbean

Great ship- huge and they managed people well as I never felt crowded. Food was good, standard Princess fare. Rooms were very nice and beds were cozy. This was her 3rd week of sailing with general passengers. Captain Tony Yeomans (we've had him on 3 cruises now) is a great captain. He is british and speaks very clearly on announcements. It was cool to see the ship decorated for Christmas as we haven't seen that before. The newer atrium area was larger, still pretty standard. A few new little "deli" and wine/sushi outlets. We really enjoyed the movies under the stars - it works in daylight very well so we were lazy and watched some movies and the Vikings on the big screen while absorbing some sun. Didn't get into Grand Cayman - too windy. The spa was great - I visited twice. One complaint - I really wanted to do the ultimate ship tour and signed up as soon as we got onboard (we were among the last 50 passengers to embark as we had a later flight) I was on the bottom on the second page of the waiting list. The next day I went back and "complained" that the sign-up wasn't really a fair process with people arriving at different times. Was told they were changing if it for the next cruise. I did talk to some people who did get on the tour and they said it was great and they thought well worth the money. Overall another great cruise on Princess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home